February 12, 2020 1 min read
This is a common dilemma many people encounter with their apartment - a small balcony! Any balcony, no matter how small, has potential. Typical apartment balconies are rectangular in shape - wide and narrow. It may seem like a lost cause but there are clever ways to maximise your outdoor space.
1) USE YOUR WALL SPACE -this space is usually under utilised but has a lot of potential. Make it decorative by adding outdoor art or sculptures. Make it functional by adding wall mounted planters or a mirror.
2) LOOK AT MODULAR SOFAS -these styles of seating will give you a maximum amount of seating and make the best use of the narrow depth on your balcony. It also creates a cozy sitting area.
3) LIGHT IT UP -get creative with lighting to create a relaxation space. Hang patio lights along the railing without taking up space. Place candles in weatherproof Hurricane lanterns in corners to give the illusion of a larger space. Floor lamps take advantage of height without taking up too much floor space.
4) GO FOR A ROUND TABLE -a small round patio table will soften the balcony. A 700mm size is an ideal two seater.
5) PLANTERS -plants complete any outdoor space. Choose from varying heights of planter pots and stands. Also look at getting plants that don't spread out.
Outdoor spaces, no matter how compact, are an added bonus to your apartment. It is your connection to the outside world. If decorated correctly, you can have your own little sanctuary.
Sign up for our monthly newsletter and receive 10% off full price furniture and homewares.