Our Melbourne made timber furniture is designed to last the test of time. They are crafted with the following technical details:
- Kiln dried solid Australian hardwood. This drying process removes about 93% of the moisture from wood so it resists warping, splitting and cracking.
- Butt joints with dominos and screws. Finished with high quality glue.
- Solid timber with dovetail joint at the front (where applicable). Full extension drawers with ball bearing undermount glides (model dependent).
- Plywood backing and drawer bottoms
- Locally sourced wood veneers are used in areas prone to natural expansion. Veneers add durability to furniture because they are more dimensionally stable than solid wood. They are used strategically in certain areas to minimise cracking and splitting. Our high quality veneers emit low VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) gases.
- The final stage incorporates a 6 step finish process. It includes staining, a polyurethane sealer, two sanding treatments and two polyurethane topcoats with a 30 percent gloss.
- Comes with a 5 year warranty against materials and workmanship.