Our Melbourne made upholstered furniture is handcrafted to the highest attention to detail and workmanship.
- Kiln dried hardwood frame and rails. Joints are glued and stapled with blocked corners for added reinforcement. This construction forms a strong frame that is structurallly sound and long lasting.
- Solid hardwood or metal legs (as per style). Legs are screwed into the frame for added strength.
- High-resilience foam wrapped in muliple layers of Dacron polyester fibre for long lasting shape retention.
- High-resilience foam wrapped in muliple layers of Dacron polyester fibre or high quality polyester fibers, channel sewn for optimal comfort.
CUSHION SUPPORT SYSTEM
- Italian made premium cushion webbing system. This is made of natural latex rubber for optimum strength and durability. The webbing is covered with 12 or 25 mm foam (as per style) and covered with a fibre deck pad for added softness. Alternatively, durable 9-gauge sinuous no-sag springs secured with a webbing strap and a double row of tie wire (as per style). Both webbing and no-sag springs are designed to increase the life of seat cushions.
BACK SUPPORT SYSTEM
- Elastic webbing covered with 12mm or 25mm foam (as per style)
SEAT AND BACK LINING
- Non-woven polypropylene for added durability
COVERING - FABRIC
- Select from a range specially selected for durability and easy maintenance. Most are rated for commercial use with a ranging from 30,000 to 160,000 on the Martindale Rub rating. The rub rating is achieved when the fabric is rubbed against an abrasive medium such as a standard wool fabric. The end point of the test is when two threads are broken or the pile is completely worn off in pile fabric.
COVERING - LEATHER (if applicable)
- Genuine top grain leather is used throughout.
- 100mm quilted innerspring mattress with bifold mechanism.
- Our Melbourne made upholstered furniture comes with a 10 year structural and 5 years* or lifetime* warranty on the cushions.
*depending on manufacturer